Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Using What I Have Learned

It's been a while since I've written anything, but it has been one crazy semester. I have learned so much in Typography, Art History, and Marketing, but now that we're close to the end I don't have a lot of time to do any extra curricular activities. I'm actually excited to say that today I got my first real design job. However, I am having such a hard time remembering a lot of what I learned last semester. Fortunately, I kept the books to the programs. I think reality has hit me. I'm actually terrified to do this job, but why? It's normal to be nervous. It's like the first day on the job. Not only that, the job is for a company I have worked with for over five years. I should actually feel confident. I think it's just one of those instances where the anxiety gets so unbearable that it will not go away until the job is complete. I have to accept that all though I have learned the skills that qualify me for the job, I am still in a remedial stage. Instant gratification can not happen this time. Now that I have the resources I must use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment